Legislation Proposed in the 114th Congress Impacting FDA and the Medical Products Industry
- H.R.244 – Pharmacy Benefits Manager Standards – A bill to set standards for pharmacy benefit managers to further transparency of payment methodologies. Introduced by Rep. Doug Collins. a/k/a The MAC Transparency Act.
- H.R.271 – Creating Options for Veterans Expedited Recovery Act - would establish a commission to examine the evidence-based therapy treatment model used by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for treating mental illnesses of veterans the potential benefits of incorporating complementary alternative treatments in non-DOVA medical facilities.
- H.R.471 – Prescription Drug Diversion – to improve enforcement efforts related to diversion and abuse. As of 1/28/15, no title, no summary available.
- S 31 – Medicare Prescription Drug Price Negotiation Act - Introduced by Senator Amy Klobuchar would allow HHS to negotiate prices for drugs under Medicare Part D.
- S.122 – Safe and Affordable Drugs From Canada Act – Introduced by Senators McCain and Klobuchar would allow Americans to order prescription drugs from approved pharmacies in Canada.
- S.131 – Fair Generics Act – Introduced by Senator Vitter and co-sponsored by Senator Franken, a retread from the last Congress, the bill would amend Hatch-Waxman to address practices whereby it is perceived that manufacturers seek to delay the entry of generics to the market.
- S.185 – PATH Act – Introduced by Senator Orrin Hatch would create a limited population pathway for the approval of certain antibacterial drugs meaning that approval of the drug could be made for a select population where there is an unmet need or life-threatening condition. Also known as the “Promise for Antibiotics and Therapeutics Act”.